Friday, May 27, 2011

Update and Blog tutorial suggestions.

Today whilst completing some work for an upcoming teaching gig I have at the Montclair Art Museum, I decided to progress my dying tribal guy.

I added texture, hand painted from alpha patches, and adjusted proportions of the hands, feet and shoulders.

Please click for full detail


I think it flows a lot better now, you can really feel that spear going into him.  Though unfortunately I'm still undecided with what to do with the piece overall.  I guess I'll see where this guy takes me.

Its 4:00 A.M, and once again I find myself unable to sleep.  Its unfortunate really, I don't understand why.  Perhaps the preoccupied nature of my mind while sculpting.  Who knows.

On a side note:  I am looking for freelance gigs, any and all I'll entertain. Something will hopefully get this ball rolling. I updated my site with new work, hoping to bring in some customers, you can view it by going to www.matthewkean.com or just click on it if you're lazy :)  This guy is now added to the "Works in progress" Section of my site.

Im trying to also figure out where I want to go with this blog, something that oddly enough does relax me.  Im trying to find a good topic to do a tutorial on, I want to hear from you, those that simply pass through haha.

I don't only do 3D work, In fact I do a lot of 2D work as well:


Here is an attempt create an edible spokes character, I chose to do turtle soup. Tutorials could pertain to photoshop as well as anything else that you'd like. Its up to you.

For now I will attempt to rest these bedroom eyes, and will hopefully finish more in the coming morning.

Stay Creative, all

Good Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment