Friday, September 16, 2011

CHAOS

My life was thrown for a bit, I gotta say, something I'm not too pleased about.  Im back on track as it would appear.  I unfortunately lost the class this semester, it seems there just weren't enough students, though I hopefully will be looking into some grant based classes in nearby high schools.  Other than that I've sculpting away.

I must admit the idea of all of this mess, teaching and money, has killed my sculpting for a bit.  Quite terrible timing I do admit.  It was only till a few days ago that I finally began to crack it.


Sometimes when all else fails you need to know when to walk away from a piece.  Its something I've been learning.  I know they say "never give up" but knowing when its hopeless is half the battle.  I'd rather invest my time in a new piece that excites me rather than trudge through saving another.  It could even be a different execution of the same concept, or even a part of the concept that I'm experimenting with.  Know what is a good idea and what is a bad idea and if you can work with either is a power that is invaluable to any artist.

The 20th approaches, and I got to see the manual for the new release of ZBrush R2.  Can't say anything really, just that two of my images made it in to the manual.  This is the manual not the promotional material mind you.  So thats cool, at least I know I'll be in documentation right off the bat.

I hope something good comes out of this.  I'll be with them for the ride for a while.  We shall see where this goes.

I wanted to keep you guys posted.  I haven't been much of anything lately as not of my stuff can be shown. Gosh I'm like a record player haha.

till later readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment